Samsung has released a firmware update for its Galaxy M Style phone. its is a value pack firmware based on Gingerbread OS that brings some Android 4.0 features to the Android 2.3 build. Users updating to the latest OS will find Face Unlock, Photo Editor, font improvements and more.
The update is available via Kies. Samsung will also release the value pack Gingerbread update for Galaxy Tab 7.0 and Galaxy S Hoppin later this month.
The updated features are as below:
- Face Recognition (Face Unlock): Low levels of security
- Adding photo editor
- Some applications require the ability to change font size add
(1), some user data initialization
- Other applications and data can be initialized.
- In case of unexpected loss of data, performed before an upgrade, please back up your data via Kies. (backup available data: contacts, calendar, messages, music, photos, videos and other content files, preferences, and ring tones, network settings and bookmarks e-mail account information)
(2) Internal memory free space
- To update the system memory of 10MB of free disk space is required.
- Downloaded applications, SMS / MMS, e-mail, please delete some of the secured amount.
- How to check the remaining capacity
- And menu → Preferences → Storage → Save Space Check
(3) SW processing for any operation
- SW on the phone can not be upgraded in any case arbitrary and unexpected problems can occur.