It is the first smartphone to feature Nokia's PureView imaging technology based on a new 41 megapixel oversampling 1/1.2" sensor and a high resolution f/2.4 Zeiss all-aspherical 1-group lens. Its Symbian base technology.
PureView Pro is an imaging technology used in the Nokia 808 PureView device. It is the combination of a 1/1.2" large, very high resolution 41Mpix with high performance Carl Zeiss optics. The large sensor enables pixel oversampling, which means the combination of many pixels into one better pixel.
PureView imaging technology delivers high image quality, lossless zoom, and improved low light performance. It dispenses with the usual scaling/interpolation model of digital zoom used in virtually all smartphones, as well as optical zoom used in most digital cameras, where a series of lens elements moves back and forth to vary the magnification and field of view. Instead, it will give around 3x lossless zoom for stills, and 4x zoom in full HD 1080p, for 720p HD video, 6x lossless zoom and for nHD (640x360) video, 12x zoom.
- Size: 123.9 x 60.2 x 13.9 mm (18.07 mm at camera)
- Weight (with battery): 169 g
- Volume: 95.5 cc
- 16 GB internal user memory
- Support for up to 48 GB with an external microSD memory card
- Use as USB mass memory device for storing photos, documents and more.
- Talk time (maximum):
- 2G Talk time: up to 9 hours
- 3G Talk time: up to 6.5 hours
- Standby time (maximum):
- 2G Standby [No screensaver]: up to 500 hours
- 3G Standby [No screensaver]: up to 550 hours
- Wired Music playback [128 kbps 44.1 kHz mp3]: Up to 80 hours
- IHF Music playback [128 kbps 44.1 kHz mp3]: Up to 45 hours